Erasmus+ ICT-Tex (2020-2022)
“ICT in Textile and Clothing Higher Education and Business”
The Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliance ICT-Tex Project (Nr. 612248-EPP-1-2019-1-BG-EPPKA2-KA) is a 3 year running project from 1 January 2020 till 31 December 2022.
The ICT-Tex project aims to develop a curriculum and syllabuses that meet the requirements of specialists working in the field of the Textile and Clothing Industry (TCI). It is coordinated by the Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria.
The project responds to the tremendous need for industry executives, especially those who can work with CAD, CAM, CAE and PLM systems requiring a higher level of ICT proficiency.
The curriculum of "Information Technology in Design of Textile and Clothing", which is to be created, aims precisely at providing knowledge and skills for engineering design and production of textiles and clothing on programmable machines. In order for the curriculum to be as responsive as possible to the requirements of the business, the project provides for the development of a survey and a preliminary needs analysis among European companies to specify their needs. The long-term experience of the partners in the training of specialists as well as the results of the survey will allow for the development of a curriculum, the content of which will be in line with the requirements of the business. Prior to its final approval, it will be discussed with industry chambers and associations in partner countries.
Individual modules will be developed by university professors, with the active involvement of consortium associations, clusters, business companies and a centre of continuous training.
Target groups are
. young people holding a Bachelor’s degree looking for a professional career in the TCI
. people working in the Textile and Clothing Industry seeking to improve their qualifications
Main outcomes of the project are
. gap analyses and mapping of the technical, digital and entrepreneurial needs of the Textile and Clothing Industry
. jointly developed and implemented new curricula for the Textile and Clothing Industry
. at least 7 validated syllabuses for technical, digital and entrepreneurial education, covering following topics
- ICT Technology and Digital Skills
- Entrepreneurial and Innovation Skills
- Design and Production of Knitwear
- Design and Production of Woven Fabrics
- Design and Production of Technical, Smart and Intelligent Textiles
- Industrial Engineering, Quality Control and Management
- Finishing, Printing and Functionalization
Course material will be available on both the AUTEX website and the project website. The participants will be able to use and include this material in their Masters programs either entirely or partially.
Project partners are three types of stakeholders (universities, NGOs and companies) spread over Europe :
- Technical University of Sofia, Department of Textile Engineering, Bulgaria
- Ghent University, Centre for Textile Science and Engineering, Belgium
- Technical University Dresden, Institute of Textile Machinery and High Performance Material Technology, Germany
- University of Zagreb, Faculty of Textile Technology, Croatia
- Sofia University, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Bulgaria
- AUTEX - Association of Universities for Textiles, Belgium
- CIAPE - Centre for Permanent Learning, Italy
- SCIAT- Specialized Cluster and Institute for Apparel and Textiles, Bulgaria
- STOLL - Producer of knitting machines, Germany
- Materially Srl - Consulting network for innovative and sustainable materials and production processes, Italy
- MAK - Company for weaving, finishing and sewing, Bulgaria
- Alma Fashion - Clothing production company, North Macedonia
Disclaimer: The information and views set out in this publication are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official opinion of the European Union. Neither the European Union institutions and bodies nor any person acting on their behalf may be held responsible for the use which may be made of the information contained therein.