AUTEX stands for the Association of Universities for Textiles. It creates a worldwide network of textile universities and was founded in 1994. Over the years, a strong enlargement took place, and the Association currently has 45 members from 29 countries. The mission of AUTEX as a non-profit association is to facilitate cooperation in high-level textile education and research by actions like:
- Promote the activities and achievements of the member universities on a global stage.
- Facilitate cooperation in the development and delivery of high-level taught courses and teaching materials amongst member universities.
- Encourage student and staff mobility and networking amongst member universities and invited partners.
- Facilitate the growth of active research partnerships amongst universities and invited partners.
- Organise conferences to disseminate cutting-edge issues to textile professionals and students.
- Disseminate the results of research work in textile and clothing science, technology and design through the publication of a journal on a regular basis.
- Engage with other organisations and agencies concerned with textiles and clothing.
- Offer special academic courses and training in textile related topics.
- Apply for public-funded projects.